Post Reference: 2382
Academy: Leeds East Academy
Job Title: Teacher of Maths
Hours: Full Time
Accountable to: Curriculum Leader of Maths
Leeds East Academy is an over-subscribed 11-16 academy that has recently achieved the title of UK Parliament School of the Year. We are a vibrant, diverse, and welcoming academy community who are committed to securing our highly ambitious vision of ‘Everyone Exceptional’ for every single member of our wonderful school. Over the last three years the school has been on a rapid journey of transformation which has resulted in significant improvements in attendance, progress, and behaviour. We received a ‘good’ judgement in our 2019 Ofsted inspection and every member of our community is determined to convert this to outstanding and beyond at our next inspection.
We are proud to be an academy who forms part of the High-Performance Learner international community and our vision of ‘Everyone Exceptional’ is underpinned by the principles of High-Performance Learner. The principles simply foster the belief that every child can and will perform highly and are able to excel both academically and personally within the right climate and culture. We have worked closely with our academy community to develop a culture and climate in which both staff and students can flourish.
Our academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society.
White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
•The successful applicant will have a passion for the subject, an enthusiasm for teaching, and a commitment to supporting the academic and holistic development of every student within their care.
• Contributing to the planning and delivery of a broad, balanced and ambitious maths curriculum which provides students with the requisite knowledge, skills, and cultural capital.
• Teaching high quality, personalised lessons to classes across Key Stages 3 and 4 to secure strong progress and outcomes for all learners.
• Upholding high expectations of all learners with a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential through establishing fair, respectful, trusting supportive and constructive relationships.
• Having a commitment to collaboration, co-operative working and continued professional development.
• Sharing and driving the academy vision of ‘Everyone Exceptional’.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To ensure a high-quality learning experience for all students through effective personalisation; appropriately sequencing and scaffolding learning to ensure all students are able to engage successfully with the curriculum.
• Use assessment as part of their teaching to diagnose learners’ needs, set realistic and challenging targets for improvement and plan future teaching.
• Use data to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching, to monitor the progress of those taught, and to raise levels of attainment.
• To assess, record and report on the progress, development, and attainment of students.
• Manage learners’ behaviour constructively by establishing and maintaining a clear and positive framework for behaviour management, in line with the academy’s Behaviour Policy.
• Promote learners’ self-regulation, resilience, and collaboration through developing their social, emotional, and behavioural skills.
Part of White Rose Academies Trust - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of World Class.
We are securing our vision for World Class by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation in West Yorkshire.
The trust currently employs over 500 members of staff and is responsible for educating and developing almost 4,000 students between the ages of 3 to 16. The trust consists of three secondary schools - Leeds City Academy, Leeds East Academy and Leeds West Academy, and also welcomed its first primary school Alder Tree Primary Academy on 1st December 2020.
We believe the trust is a highly desirable place of work for an ambitious professional, who will be joining one of the most supportive and talented teams in the country.
Closing Date: Monday 15th January 2024, 9am
Shortlisting: Week commencing Monday 15th January 2024
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 15th January 2024
Start Date: As soon as possible upon successful completion of pre-employment checks
For more information, please visit our website at www.whiteroseacademies.org.
To apply, please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and an enhanced DBS check.
Please note this role will involve contact with children and you will be engaging in regulated activity. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age or disability.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.