Teacher of Music
This is a temporary position to cover a period of maternity leave
Leeds City Academy
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining Leeds City Academy, one of the most rapidly improving schools within the Leeds area and county of West Yorkshire. We are an 11-16 Academy and one of three schools within the White Rose Academies Trust, a Trust recognised nationally for its ground-breaking and transformational impact on the lives of the young people it serves.
Our highly motivated and talented students are at the very centre of everything we do and the shared mission of all our stakeholders is to work ‘In Partnership’ in securing the aspirations and ambitions of every one of our young people. Our Academy is a unique and truly inspirational place to work, enhanced by our wonderful students who come from a diverse range of cultures, heritage and experiences; a significant proportion of students speak English as an additional language.
Our NQT and CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the Academy and is further enhanced by the various opportunities for professional development provided through our excellent and varied White Rose Academies CPD programme.
Please apply if you wish to work for an Academy Trust who values and supports the next move in your career, come and join us on our journey to ‘Outstanding’.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure good progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard
• Strive to deliver a consistently high standard of teaching and learning
• Take responsibility within own teaching areas, and in the execution of general duties, for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
• Consistently apply the academy behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students within the Area Team and academy AR schedule
•In consultation with the Area Team Leader, contribute to the planning, design and production of high quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability, in accordance with the Area Development Plan
• Be a form tutor for a specified group of students, establishing the rapport necessary to support their moral, social, cultural and emotional development through the delivery of the PHSCE curriculum within coaching sessions
• Within the Area Team, make a strong contribution to agreed PHSCE areas as designated to the subject area through Step Up Days
• Contribute to the wider life of the academy by participating in the provision of extension, enrichment and enhancement activities through a planned weekly programme
• Attend meetings, including parents’ consultation sessions and Meet Your Form Tutor Day, and fulfil duties or rotas as specified in the Staff Handbook
• Implement all Academy policies with regard to registration, student absence, student uniform, use of planners and other routines as specified in the Staff Handbook
• Observe Academy rules relating to the safeguarding of students, health and safety requirements and equality policies
• Participate in full staff and area meetings, actively contributing to Academy decision making and consultation procedures
• Participate fully in the Academy Quality Assurance, and Performance Management processes, engaging in professional development activities which enhance personal performance, fulfil personal potential and contribute effectively to the implementation of the Academy’s goal to be an outstanding place of learning
• Uphold the professional standards of dress, behaviour, attitudes and team spirit which will ensure that Leeds City Academy is a pleasant positive place to learn and work
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds City Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of Outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Our CPD Programme is focused on Innovation, Leadership Development and delivery of excellence for vulnerable groups. Our Beginner Teacher Programme is amongst the best in the region. We are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College (member of the Luminate Education Group) who provide expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
As a Trust we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
Closing date: Friday 3 May 2019 at 12 noon
Shortlisting date: Friday 3 May 2019
Interview date: Friday 10 May 2019
Start date: 01 September 2019
Please visit www.leedscityacademy.org.uk for further information about our Academy and to apply please complete the attached WRAT application form and return to email@example.com by 12:00 on the closing date of Friday 3 May 2019.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept CV’s.
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expect all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and a DBS check.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO THE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.